Friday, September 24, 2010

WoW...has it really been more than a year?

I honestly don't know if anyone really reads my posts, but I guess it's a good way for me to look back on certain events. So much can happen in a year and half...We are still living in Logan, UT. and I really feel like it's home, I didn't realize that until I was coming back from Utah County and finally saw Cache Valley peeking through the mountains on my way through the canyon. Oh geeez...that feeling of home was like a smack in the face, it was a bizarre happy feeling.

Anyways, Nevaeh is now in 3rd grade and KyLea is in 1st. My girls are growing up and I'm far from ready for the teenage years that seem to be just around the corner. Nevaeh and KyLea are very happy living here and have a lot of friends in the neighborhood. They are such well behaved kids...(except that they are always arguing with eachother). I barely have to punish them...because they truly hate to disappoint me...I had no idea that my kids would ever turn out that way. They get very upset with themselves if I show the slightest amount of disappointment. The fact that they rely so much on my approval....is something that I never expected and it's still a very foreign concept...Whenever Nevaeh and KyLea do something that is the slightest bit "bad"...and I see them, they immediately start crying and apologizing and sometimes they start beating themselves up before I get the chance to punish them, they even come up to me and tell me the honest truth before I have to find out on my own. Luckily, they don't have a tendancy to do "bad" things....so it's an occurence that happens on a rare occassion...and I guess that's a good thing...because it breaks my heart to see them so upset at themselves.

Nevaeh is really into dinosaurs....I mean "obsessed" is probably the best description...she knows a lot of the scientific names and what era they came from....she also can tell you factoids about her favorites. She said she wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up....she is a very one mindset type of personality and is determined when she finds something that fascinates her. Nevaeh is brilliant...I know a lot of parents think their children are smart...but there is something about Nevaeh that I can't put my finger on....she understands some of the most complex situations and doesn't like when people sugar coat things...she likes hard facts. She takes things very seriously and she hates to break the rules...She will probably be a law abiding citizen for life. =)

KyLea on the other hand is very scatter brained like me and wants to have several jobs when she gets older, including: Chef, Actor, Singer, Artist...etc. She is extremely funny and doesn't know it, she is very social and never has to try to make friends...she is just a likable little girl that everyone loves being around. She is so caring, loving...and tells people how much she loves them more than once a day. One of the most sincere people I know, she has my heart wrapped around her little finger and makes me want to be more like her. She doesn't care if her friends do bad things, she always looks at the good things they do...and ignores the bad. She loves life and has very interesting thoughts and ideas about life...very bizarre ideas...they often make me laugh. One time she said "Soldiers like getting cavities...because they are tough and like pain."

In a nutshell...my family is doing good, and every day we discover more and more about how unique our little family is and are happy raising our kids in a loving, honest home...we are very straight forward and try to show as much to our kids...as possible. I'm glad we started this at a young age because they are not embarassed to ask us question and they know they can be honest with us....I may not be the best mom, but I couldn't be a luckier one.......they are just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment